Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Gift Ideas!!

Hi Everyone! Long time no read (anyone? no one? okay)
 

With the holidays coming up I just wanted talk about some gift ideas or options. 

The Gift That Gives Twice
Whenever I'm unsure what to get I always try to buy something fair trade or local (usually small local business's are fair trade but are not certified). I like to consider these gifts the gift that gives twice because it is benefitting someone who treats their workers well and values their workers AND is a gift for whoever is receiving the object you bought as a gift.

Some classic easy-to-find fair trade products include 
  • Soap
  • Chocolate
  • Coffee
  • Tea
  • Jewelry/ accessories 
Of coarse there are many other fair trade products available these are just some reoccurring products that I've noticed are more common or more abundantly fair trade. If you look you can buy a WIDE variety of fair trade products. In the past I've bought clothes, jewelry, and tons of other products fair trade.

Giving or receiving fair trade gifts are even more special to me because I know the money spent on or by me is going to a good cause. 

With Thanksgiving around the corner I have a lot to be grateful for, especially when considering some of the situations people live in with earning a dollar a day or working in grueling conditions and abiding by unfair rules and standards. My parents both have stable jobs with workers rights, because I live in a place where workers rights are valued. Although in the US, basic worker rights are assumed in the job world, I still, I consider myself lucky; if I lived in another country where workers rights were not valued, who knows how my life would differ. It is inconceivable for me to put myself in a situation in which I have never experienced and unfair for me to imagine, so I can not say exactly how my life would be different, but it is certain my lifestyle would be drastically different than it is now.

I would like to do as much as I can to support the fair trade movement by buying my holiday gifts fair trade. I would hope you guys do too! 


Fair Trade gift giving is a great option for this years holiday shopping!!

Ginger