Monday, April 25, 2011

Fair trade soap!!!!

Hi it's Caroline!
I have to say, if there's one thing that gets me REALLY excited, it would have to be soap. And yes, I said soap, as in the slimy lump that is sitting on the bottom of your  bathtub right now. Seriously, I really love it. :) In Red Bank, the next town over from Fair Haven, there's a shop called the Soap Market. Judging on my first sentence, you can guess my reaction to that store :) When Ginger and I went on our little fair trade adventure earlier this year, one of the stores listed as fair trade was Soap Market. When we finally got there, we found there were 2 kinds of fair trade soap in the store. So, I took one brand, and Ginger took the other. Of course, I've completely forgotten what brand of soap Ginger has, but I have mine!
My soap:
Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps
All-One Hemp Almond Pure-Castile Soap
This soap supports fair trade, organic agriculture, and a healthy environment.
My review:
The soap was very light and clean, plus it smelled really good, like sweet almonds. The only thing I didn't like was that the scent faded way too quickly, like after 3 minutes. Overall, I really liked this soap, plus it's 100% vegan, and packaged in recycled paper. :)
http://www.soapmarketonline.com/