Sunday, June 26, 2011

Perfect gifts for everyone!

Hi it's Caroline!
When buying a gift for someone, what do you think about first? Is it, "Will they like this?" or "This is so cool, I wish I had it!" Not, "Is this fair trade or not?" But, aside from popular belief, you CAN get amazingly inexpensive gifts, which also happen to be fair trade. At Ten Thousand Villages, which has a store in Red Bank, you can buy jewelry, sculptures, stationary, and children's toys, all fair trade and affordable. When I graduated last week, I recieved many gifts from Ten Thousand Villages, since a lot of my friends and family know about this blog. For me, these are the best gifts, since it's not only benefiting me, but I know that when I wear my fair trade necklace, or use my fair trade soap, that I am also helping someone else from a different part of the world. Whenever I can't think of what to get someone, (which is often, since I never buy gifts until the last minute :) ) I always go to Ten Thousand Villages, since they always have the perfect gift for everyone!

Glass Pendant Necklace Fair Trade necklaces! :)

Green River Necklace