Monday, June 27, 2011

Coffee Break!

Hi it's Caroline!

So, if you're reading this blog, you probably know this is all about educating people about "the alternative ways of fair trade, aside from coffee, chocolate. and tea." Well, with this blog, I'm kind of going away from those with my topic: coffee!!! If you're like me, there's nothing you wouldn't do for a good cup of coffee. Being a teenager, coffee is important to my very existence. In my house, my mom, my dad, and I all drink coffee. Before this blog, I didn't, (and still don't know how) to make coffee in a coffee maker. Usually I just tried to get some of what my mom was drinking, not really caring about where my coffee came from. After this, I realized that coffee is one of the biggest offenders in the fair trade world, I thought,  "This really DOES effect people. I mean,  look at how many people drink coffee!"  If we all buy fair trade, then that really does make a difference! Say you go to the grocery store. You probably go on auto-pilot and pick out your go-to favorite coffee. Sometimes fair trade, sometimes not. Does it really matter? Hey, you get your caffine boost and some pretty good coffee. So is fair trade really that important? The difference of fair trade and non-fair trade is that, with fair trade, everyone who makes that coffee is paid fairly for it. It's the difference between right and wrong. If you don't buy that fair trade coffee, how can you expect someone else to? To buy fair trade coffee is an easy way to help the world, in the comfort of your own kitchen. A little thing to change the world in a big way? Yes, please! :)


       The coffee you're getting....




 The people you're helping. :)